Sperm Donor / Semen Donor ——- Why sperm Donation is required ?
Every year, approximately 1,60,000 children take birth worldwide as a result of donor sperm insemination . Semen Donor / Sperm Donor are have their unique role to provide sperms to be used by others.
Physicians opt for donor insemination when male factor prevents a couple conceiving with the husband sperm. Other indication – when women decide to have a child on their own.
There are hundred thousands of people in India (millions worldwide) want to have children, but can not.
Frozen Cell provides them a viable option for realizing their dreams of a family.
Sperm Donor’s Benefit
- Feeling like a super hero by helping someone.
- Frozen Cell compensate donors for their participation. Before initiation of donation, the donors need to cross through a series of questionnaires, clinical examination & investigation. This process in itself usually requires around one to two weeks.
Donors will be also benefited by —
- Regular clinical evaluation
- Genetic Testing
- Regular clinical examination
- Quarterly Laboratory test.
- Blood group information
All data related to donors are kept secret.
Frozen Cell requirement
In order to maintain an adequate inventory of Frozen Semen Sample of a donor’s sperm, we require minimum one year of continuity . We request the donor to donate at least once a week. Donor requires a 72 hour (not more than 120 hour) period of abstinence. It is mandatory to get acceptable semen sample quality.
Limitations with Donors
- Between the age of 21 to 30
- Non smoker & non alcoholic
- Must stay within a range of 10 Kilo meter from our collection center. The persons staying at more than 10 km can also join, but they will not be compensated extra.
- Must not have in any criminal or anti-social activity.
- Frozen Cell do not accept donors with cleft lip / cleft palate, (even treated) or any genetic deformity.
- First sample for quality evaluation — hence non-payable.
——— XXX ——–