- Most commonly used density gradient for sperm separation
- Contain – 2 ml (75%) density gradient + 5 ml washing media
- Single use kit
- Antioxidant —- Taurine
- Antibiotic —- Gentamicin
- Nutrition —– Albumin & Amino acids
Sperm washing for IUI
Sperm washing is the process which prepares a semen sample for IUI or IVF. This process effectively remove dead sperm and concentrate the sperm into a small volume which can easily be handled by the uterus.
- Color — Hazy but clear
- PH — 7.2 to 7.4
- Density — 1.08
- Sterility — sterile filtered
- Sperm survival — 80% survival after 45 minutes of exposure with Den -1
- 75% survival after 24 hours of exposure with Enhance
Packing & Self Life
- Single use kit ( Pack of 20 kits)
- Packed in borosilicate glass vial with silicon cap
- Custom pack is available
- Self life — 18 month
- store Den – 1 kit between 2 – 8 Degree C
- Take out only the required number of Den – 1 kits to keep in incubator
- Use the Den – 1 kit under aseptic condition
- Do not freeze.
- The product can not be re-sterilized.
- The product are stable during transport at higher temperature ( 37 Degree C) for 7 days.
Pre use check
- Do not use the media if seal is open
- Do not use if color has changed , there is any flocculation or any suspended particle.
- Mix Den – 1 vial by vial inversion 5 times before use.
- To get the best result use Den – 1 at 32 Degree – 34 Degree C (not 37 Degree C)
- Take upto 2 ml of semen sample to be washed by one kit of Den – 1.
- Not for injection.
- Allergies to antibiotics & albumin must be considered before IUI.
- Sperm washing by density gradient can be used to decrease the risk of HIV transmission in HIV-positive males, since sperm washing reduce the virus load. However, there is no 100% guarantee that washed sperm is free from the HIV virus.