Sperm Donor, Semen Donor ——- Why sperm Donation is required ?
Every year, approximately 1,60,000 children are born worldwide as a result of donor sperm insemination . Those insemination are performed by physicians when male factor prevents a couple from conceiving with the husband’s sperm, or when women decide to have a child on their own.
There are hundred thousands of people in India (millions worldwide) want to have children, but can not.
Frozen cell provides them a viable option for realizing their dreams of a family.
- Feeling like a super hero by helping someone.
- Donors are compensated for their participation. Before initiation of donation, the donors need to cross through a series of questionnaires, clinical examination & investigation. This process in itself usually requires around one to two weeks.
- Donors will be also benefited by —
- Regular clinical evaluation
- Genetic testing
- Regular physical examination
- Quarterly lab test.
- Blood group confirmation.
- All data related to donor are kept secret.
Frozen Cell requirement
In order to maintain an adequate inventory of Frozen Semen Sample of a donor’s sperm, minimum one year continuity is required. We request the donor to donate at least once a week. Donor requires a 72 hour (not more than 120 hour) period of abstinence, it is mandatory to get acceptable semen sample quality.
- Between the age of 21 to 30
- Non smoker & non alcoholic
- Must be staying within a range of 10 Kilo meter from our collection center. The persons staying at more than 10 km can also join, but they will not be compensated extra.
- Must not be involved in any criminal or anti-social activity.
- Frozen Cell do not accept donors with cleft lip / cleft palate, (even treated) or any genetic deformity.
- First sample will be for quality evaluation hence non-payable.