Premium Frozen Semen Sample is specially prepared for
- – Specific patient requirement
- – IVF application with the aim to provide best possible result.
- – Donors are tested against Chromosomal anomalies.
Special precautions are being taken to preserve Premium Frozen Semen Sample
- Donor’s education
- Quality of life , IQ
- Family background
- Appearance & physical feature
- Total sperm count & Motility
- Post thaw recovery
- Used cryoprotactant is more specific to maintain optimum osmolarity , pH & Sperm morphology.
Premium Frozen Semen Sample are —
- IUI Ready
- Doesn’t contain Egg yolk, milk sucrose of any crude protein
Sperm donors with a Basic profile are registered under a unique number like 1/486, 3/285 etc. Basic profiles provide information on eye color, hair color, height, weight, blood group, etc.
Donors are selected and screened in accordance with applicable national and WHO rules as well as the internal policies applicable to Frozen Cell.
The selection criteria includes a wide range in terms of age, education, IQ, risk factors, medical history, family history etc. Furthermore candidates with family history of hereditary disease are rejected.
In addition , a thorough medical examination is carried on, blood and urine samples are tested. Finally the donors are being approved by a doctor after conducting an overall assessment prior to final approval of donor.
Each donor is tested for the following hereditary and infectious diseases. Donors will be tested for infectious diseases on ongoing basis for the full duration of the donation process.
|Infectious Diseases||Hereditary Diseases|
|HIV – 1 and 2||Thalassaemia|
|Hepatitis B (HBsAg)||Sickle Cell Anaemia|
|Hepatitis C (Anti- HCV)||Chromosomal Anomalies|
OTHER TEST — Complete Blood count, R/E of urine, Blood Sugar, Blood Urea, SGPT, serum billirubin.
Each Cryovial Contain
- 40 – 60 million motile sperm
- Motility % ….. 50 to 80%
- Volume ……. 0.5 ml.
- Stored and shipped in Liquid nitrogen
- 100 % leak proof Cryovial with double wall and silicon press cap
Motility Demonstration // Thawing
- Set the temperature of Incubator at 32 Degree to 34 Degree C (NEVER AT 37 Degree C).
- Allow the Incubator to maintain the temperature ( it may take 30 to 40 minutes)
- Take out the Premium Frozen Semen Sample loaded cryovial from Liquid nitrogen, wipe it dry with tissue paper .
- Keep the Frozen Semen Sample along with slide, cover slip, pasture pipette, sterilize micro tip, IUI catheter, etc
- Clean all lenses of microscope with tissue paper & Alcohol.
- After 45 minutes take out the Frozen Semen Sample from the incubator, remove cap & mix the content gently with a pasture pipette
- Take a drop ( 20 micro litre with the help of micro pipette) of the content (Frozen semen sample) on warmed slide & place the cover slip.
- Keep the slide in pre-warmed Incubator for 5 minutes.
- Examine under microscope for motility and count.
(Thawing in open air or closed fist or in a test tube warmer or stage warmer is NOT advisable or recommended any where)
To get the best result of thawing use digital Incubator with air circulation fan or water bath