- Most advanced used method for sperm separation
- Contain – 1 ml of (90%) and I ml of (45%) density gradient & 5 ml washing media
- Single use kit
- Antioxidant —- Taurine
- Antibiotic —- Gentamicin
- Nutrition —– Albumin & Amino acids
Sperm washing for IUI
Sperm washing is the process which prepares a semen sample for IUI or IVF. This process effectively remove dead sperm and concentrate the sperm into a small volume which can easily be handled by the uterus.
- Color — Hazy but clear
- PH — 7.2 to 7.4
- Density — 1.09 & 1.05
- Sterility — Sterile filtered
- Sperm Survival — 80% survival after 45 minutes of exposure with Den -2
- 75% survival after 24 hours of exposure with Enhance
Packing & Self Life
- Single use kit ( Pack of 20 kits)
- Packed in borosilicate glass vial with silicon cap
- Custom pack is available
- Self life — 18 month
- Store Den – 2 kit between 2 – 8 degree C
- Take out only the required number of Den – 2 kits to keep in incubator
- Use the Den – 2 kit under aseptic condition
- Do not freeze.
- Once the Den -2 vial has been opened or punctured , use all or discard.
- The product can not be re-sterilized.
- The product are stable during transport at higher temperature ( 37 Degree C) for 7 days
Pre use check
- Do not use the media if seal is open
- Do not use if color has changed , there is any flocculation or any suspended particle.
- Mix Den – 2 vial by vial inversion 5 times before use.
- To get the best result use Den – 2 at 32 degree – 34 degree C (not at 37 degree C)
- Take up to 2 ml of semen sample to be washed by one kit of Den – 2.
- Not for injection.
- Allergies to antibiotics & albumin must be considered before IUI.
- Sperm washing by density gradient can be used to decrease the risk of HIV transmission in HIV-positive males, since sperm washing reduce the virus load. However, there is no 100% guarantee that washed sperm is free from the HIV virus.