Contain Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sod. Lactate, EDTA, etc in tissue culture grade water to suit the cryopreservation of un-washed human semen. To facilitate cryopreservation of un-washed semen, HSA, Sucrose , Glycine & Glycerol is added in optimum quantity.
- Antioxidant —- Taurine
- Antibiotic —- Gentamicin
It does not contain any crude protein like egg yolk or milk powder.
- Color — Crystal Clear
- PH — 7.2 to 7.4
- Sterility — Sterile Filtered
- Post thaw recovery — 20% to 60% depending upon sperm Quality
- Sperm Survival — 80% after 45 minutes of exposure with with Pre wash C.P.
Packing Storage & Self Life:
- 5 ml X 20
- Packed in borosilicate glass vial with silicon cap
- Custom pack is available
- Self life — 6 month
Storage & Use
- Store Pre wash C.P. at 2 – 8 Degree C
- Take out only the required number of vials to keep in incubator
- Use the vial under aseptic condition
- Do not freeze.
- Once the vial has been opened or punctured , use all or discard.
- The product can not be re-sterilized
- The product are stable during transport at higher temperature ( 37 Degree C ) for 7 days
Pre Use Check :
- Do not use, if seal is open
- Discard unused material
- Do not use , if color has changed , there is any flocculation or any suspended particle.
- To avoid contamination we strongly recommend that media should be opened and used only with aseptic technique.
- Keep the Pre Wash C P , semen sample and all plastic disposable in incubator at 32 – 34 Degree C for 40 minutes. Let the semen liquefy completely.
- In case of low sperm count it is preferable to concentrate the sperm before adding the Pre Wash C P
- Add 1 ml of Pre Wash C P with 1.1 ml of liquefied semen sample. To avoid damage due to sudden osmotic change to the spermatozoa, the Pre wash C P should be added very slowly (drop wise) with continuous mixing of semen sample.
- level the cryovials & make one QC cryovial
- place the semen sample & prewash mixture in cryovials
- keep the cryovials at room temperature 10 minute
HOW TO FREEZE:
- Place the cryovials in a Freeze for 30 minutes (not in freezer compartment)
- Keep cryovials at liquid nitrogen vapor stage, preferably 10 cm above the level of liquid nitrogen in a cryocan for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Dip the cryovials in liquid nitrogen and check the post thaw count motility after 72 hours of cryopreservation.
- Freezibility is a factor, vary with individual and cryopreservation is directly dependent on freezibility. Even very good quality semen sample could not be preserved if freezibility is poor.
- Factors affecting freezibility – sperm maturity, sperm morphology, ROS, sperm antibody and unknown reason..
- Freeze-thawing caused a 32% to 37% reduction in normal morphological forms of sperm.
- Sperm morphology, motility, mitochondrial activities and viability are equally susceptible to cryopreservation induced damage..
- Once preserved with Pre wash C P , the IUI can be performed only after semen wash by Den – 1 or Den – 2.
- Not for injection .