Frozen Semen Sample without H.S.A.
Frozen Semen sample without H.S.A. is a present requirement and going to be mandatory in future.
Frozen Semen Sample without H.S.A., which is prepared with 100 % chemically defined cryo-preservative compound. This cryo-preservative compound can not be vector of any organism. While H.S.A. or any crude protein from human, animal or avian source can transmit many disease. Even after proper treatment and strict protocol threat of emerging and undetected virus will always remain.
Why Frozen Semen Sample without H.S.A. is a demand of future ? —
Frozen Semen Sample without biological protein :—-
- Does not contain human serum albumin, fetal bovine serum, egg yolk, milk protein or any crude protein.
- No risk of emerging or undetected virus / organism transmission.
- No risk of Creutzfeldt-Jakob Disease (CJD) transmission.
- No risk of any bio-active molecules or endotoxins
- Serum can be a potential source of microbial contaminants, such as fungi, bacteria, virus or prions. That risk is 100% eliminated here.
- Ethical and religious reason is not associated , as this product does not have any human or animal serum.
- Since it is 100 % chemically defined, there is no batch to batch variation in cryo-preservative media.
- No risk of anaphylaxis due to foreign protein.
Frozen Semen Sample without H.S.A.
- IUI ready, no pre-insemination processing is required.
- Properly quarantined
- Doesn’t contain H.S.A., F.B.S., egg yolk, milk sucrose of any crude protein.
Sperm donors with a Basic profile are registered under a unique number like 1/1422, 1/1419 etc. Basic profiles provide information on eye color, hair color, height, weight, blood group etc.
Donors are selected and screened in accordance with applicable national and WHO rules as well as the internal policies applicable to Frozen Cell.
The selection criteria includes a wide range in terms of age, education, IQ, risk factors, medical history, family history etc. Furthermore candidates with family history of hereditary disease are rejected.
In addition , a thorough medical examination is carried on. Blood and urine samples are tested. Finally the donors are being approved by a qualified doctor after conducting an overall assessment prior to final approval of donor.
Each donor candidate is tested for the following hereditary and infectious diseases. Donors will be tested for infectious diseases on an ongoing basis for the full duration of the donation process.
|Infectious Disease||Hereditary Disease|
|1||HIV I & II||Thalassaemia|
|2||Hepatitis B||Sickle cell anaemia|
OTHER TEST — Complete blood count, R/E of Urine, Blood sugar, Blood urea, SGPT, serum billirubin.
EACH CRYOVIAL CONTAIN
- 20 to 30 million motile sperm
- Motility % …..40 to 60%
- Volume ……. 0.5 ml.
- Stored and shipped in Liquid nitrogen
- 100 % leak proof Cryovial with double wall and silicon press cap.
Motility Demonstration // Thawing
- Set the temperature of Incubator at 32 to 34 Degree C (NEVER AT 37 Degree C).
- Allow the Incubator to maintain the temperature ( It may take 30 to 40 minutes)
- Take out the Frozen Semen Sample from liquid nitrogen , wipe it dry with tissue paper .
- Keep the Frozen Semen Sample along with slide, cover slip, pasture pipette, sterilize micro tip, IUI catheter, etc in pre-warmed incubator.
- Clean the microscope with alcohol & tissue paper.
- After 45 minutes take out the Frozen Semen Sample from the incubator, remove cap & mix the content gently with a pasture pipette
- Take a drop (20 micro liter with the help of micro pipette) of Frozen Semen Sample on warmed slide, & place the cover slip
- Keep the slide in pre-warmed incubator for 10 minutes.
- Examine under microscope for motility and count.
(Thawing in open air or closed fist or in a test tube warmer or stage warmer is NOT advisable or recommended any where)
To get the best result of thawing use digital incubator with air circulation fan or water bath