Contain Sodium Chloride, Potassium Chloride, Sod. Lactate, EDTA, etc in tissue culture grade water to suit the cryopreservation of washed human semen. To facilitate cryopreservation of washed semen, HSA, Sucrose , Glycine & Glycerol is added in optimum quantity.
- Antioxidant —- Taurine
- Antibiotic —- Gentamicin
- Nutrition – H.S.A. , Sucrose
It does not contain any crude protein like egg yolk or milk powder.
- Color — Crystal Clear
- PH — 7.2 to 7.4
- Sterility — Sterile Filtered
- Post thaw recovery — 20% to 60% depending upon sperm Quality
- Sperm Survival — 80% after 45 minutes of exposure with with Post wash C.P.
Packing Storage & Self Life:
- 5 ml X 20
- Packed in borosilicate glass vial with silicon cap
- Custom pack is available
- Self life — 8 Weeks
Storage & Use
- Store Post wash C.P. at 2 – 8 Degree C
- Take out only the required number of vials to keep in incubator
- Use the vial under aseptic condition
- Do not freeze.
- Once the vial has been opened or punctured , use all or discard.
- The product can not be re-sterilized
- The product are stable during transport at higher temperature ( 37 Degree C ) for 7 days
Pre Use Check :
- Do not use, if seal is open
- Discard unused material
- Do not use , if color has changed , there is any flocculation or any suspended particle.
- To avoid contamination we strongly recommend that media should be opened and used only with aseptic technique.
- Keep the Post Wash C P , semen sample and all plastic disposable in incubator at 32 – 34 Degree C for 40 minutes. Let the semen liquefy completely.
- Wash and concentrate the semen sample using Den – 2.
- Add drop by drop Post wash C. P. over the pellet & mix to make a concentration of 100 million sperm count per ml.
- Mark the cryovials with name or number & make one QC cryovial
- Place the prepared semen sample in cryovials
- Keep the cryovials at room temperature for 10 minute
HOW TO FREEZE:
- Place the cryovials in a Freeze for 30 minutes (not in freezer compartment)
- Keep cryovials at liquid nitrogen vapor stage, preferably 10 cm above the level of liquid nitrogen in a cryocan for 40 – 50 minutes.
- Dip the cryovials in liquid nitrogen and check the post thaw count motility after 72 hours of cryopreservation.
- Freezibility is a factor, vary with individual and cryopreservation is directly dependent on freezibility. Even very good quality semen sample could not be preserved if freezibility is poor.
- Factors affecting freezibility – sperm maturity, sperm morphology, ROS, sperm antibody and unknown reason..
- Freeze-thawing caused a 33% to 37% reduction in normal morphological forms of sperm.
- Sperm morphology, motility, mitochondrial activities and viability are equally susceptible to cryopreservation induced damage..
- Not for injection .