High Profile Donors are a specially selected donors. Donors of this group are —
- highly qualified
- selected after very strict selection criteria
- belongs to group e.g. Doctors, Engineers, C.A. Management, Students of JNU / D.U. / medical & engineering college.
- good looking & smart
- having good family background.
- successful in their carrier
The samples of High Profile Donors are collected on demand only. Frozen Semen Sample are collected and supplied on pre-booking basis. Before supply of the samples donors will be retested for HIV by Pr – 24. & HIV – PCR.
Sperm of High Profile Donors specifically preserved in H.S.A. free cryo-preservative media. Which totally eliminate any possibility of disease transmission even emerging & unidentified virus / micro-organism.
What information about donor will be given
- Skin color
- Eye color
- Hair color
- Marital status
- Having kids or not
- Result of Chromosomal study (No chromosomal footprint)
- Overall appearance
- Extra curricular activity , if any
What test of donor are being performed —-
- Clinical examination
- HIV — I & II
- Blood sugar & HbA1c
- R/E of urine
- Sickle cell anemia
Frozen Semen Sample of High Profile Donors is specially prepared for
Special patient requirement
Premium Frozen Semen Sample are —
- IUI Ready
- Doesn’t contain Egg yolk, milk sucrose of any crude protein
Donors are selected and screened in accordance with applicable national and WHO rules as well as the internal policies applicable to Frozen Cell.
The selection criteria for High Profile Donors includes a wide range in terms of age, education, IQ, risk factors, medical history, family history etc. Furthermore candidates with family history of hereditary disease are rejected.
In addition , a thorough medical examination is carried on, blood and urine samples are tested. Finally the donors are being approved by a doctor after conducting an overall assessment prior to final approval of donor.
Each Cryovial Contain
- 40 – 60 million motile sperm
- Motility % ….. 50 to 80%
- Volume ……. 0.5 ml.
- Stored and shipped in liquid nitrogen
- 100 % leak proof Cryovial with double wall and silicon press cap
Motility Demonstration // Thawing
- Set the temperature of Incubator at 32 Degree to 34 Degree C (not at 37 Degree C).
- Allow the Incubator to maintain the temperature ( it may take 30 to 40 minutes)
- Take out the Premium Frozen Semen Sample loaded cryovial from Liquid nitrogen, wipe it dry with tissue paper .
- Keep the Frozen Semen Sample along with slide, cover slip, pasture pipette, sterilize micro tip, IUI catheter, etc
- Clean all lenses of microscope with tissue paper & Alcohol.
- After 45 minutes take out the Frozen Semen Sample from the incubator, remove cap & mix the content gently with a pasture pipette
- Take a drop ( 20 micro litre with the help of micro pipette) of the content (Frozen semen sample) on warmed slide & place the cover slip.
- Keep the slide in pre-warmed Incubator for 5 minutes.
- Examine under microscope for motility and count.
(Thawing in open air or closed fist or in a test tube warmer or stage warmer is NOT advisable or recommended any where)
To get the best result of thawing use digital Incubator with air circulation fan or water bath