15 Thing – No One Tells You About Use Of HSA In Human Sperm Freezing
It’s a common practice to use HSA in Human Sperm Freezing Media. The aim of this post is to make the people aware about use of HSA in Human Sperm Freezing Media. Everybody should think before using HSA in Human Sperm Freezing Media.
Particularly when they have to preserve their own sperm for future use. There is a possibility that HSA in Human Sperm Freezing Media may be a reason to discard their own sperm in future.
HSA – Human Serum Albumin.
- HSA is obtained from third party, They are not taking any liability / responsibility of disease transmission by HSA. Therefore use of HSA in Human Sperm Freezing Media is being dubious.
- HSA supplier mention clearly in their MSDS (or SDS) that they cannot be held responsible for transmission of disease caused by blood or blood products.
- HSA supplier mention clearly in their MSDS (or SDS) that all human blood products should be handled carefully and should be considered infectious.
- HSA is a Human blood product, hence can carry transmissible disease.
- HSA composition not know very clearly and also vary time to time. Therefore even the result may vary with batch to batch.
- Nobody provide any data regarding ethnicity & religion of donor.
- Pure vegetarians may avoid using any blood products.
- Till date there is no measure available to detect unidentified and emerging viruses.
- Prion is an additional risk Till date Prion Filtration is not applicable for HSA preparation / processing.
- Even detectable viruses can remain undetected because of human mistake or mechanical failure.
- Batches of HSA / blood products has been taken back from market following viral outbreak. No data is available that how many persons got infected by those viral outbreak caused by infected blood products.
- In most of the country import & export of human product require lot of documentation. In some country even it is restricted.
- Because of HSA, Human Sperm Freezing Media need to maintain cold chain. That increase the cost as well as risk factor during transportation.
- It is a great risk for those , who preserve their own sperm for future use. They may have to discard their preserved sperm because of detection of some new viruses or infective organism transmissible by HSA.
- Lastly — why to use HSA for sperm freezing when 100% chemically defined sperm freezing media is equally effective??