Sperm Nutrition in Culture Media
SOME FACTS —
- Human sperm is the smallest cell in human body
- Fructose is mainly used as fuel by sperm
- A cell can take only amino acid either by active or passive mechanism
- Only Amino Acids can cross the cell wall of a sperm not albumin.
- Sperm Nutrition in Culture Media
SOME DISCUSSION —
Human serum albumin or BSA or SSR is being used as source of energy in sperm maintenance media or sperm cryopreservation media.
Sperm maintenance media or sperm cryopreservation media doesn’t have any enzyme to break the Albumin into amino acids
Therefore albumin can not enter the sperm to work as a source of energy.